ThaneCri0s concerns about 4.0

Discuss the game state, current & future Events and issues of Archeage with the community.
Post Reply
Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:05 am

ThaneKri0s wrote on the official forums wrote:
and you thought 3.5 was bad.

1) Bosses are only to spawn once per week, ALL of them on Saturday, ALL within 15 minutes of each other. -- This is literally taking content away from people and will make it nearly impossible to upgrade any of the boss items that already exist. It hurts the pvp'rs that actually get content by fighting around an objective. and deletes 2/3s of the already previously limited content, with mistmerrow being an awful event, aby attack and luscas being boring and way too long, and halcy not even being fought over anymore.

2) Packs will be more labor to craft, larders will take up less space and cargos will cost more gold to buy. -- Aaaaand, what many players predicted would happen has happened, everyone runs many larders, and nobody runs normal packs.The problem isn't that there are too many larders, but that they are so cheap to make, there is no reason for anyone with a meaningful amount of time to play, wont run anything else. also, an increase to the cost of cargo that nearly nobody runs, and increasing the labor as well? what is the reasoning there? The servers are already way to dead for the rate to ever drop due to surplus. hopefully this is changed for NA, as it makes no sense

3) The hyped cross-server arenas are a joke -- Due to lazy programmers, XLgames has decided that cross-server arenas will only be made for Balanced Arena types. It seems as if the programmers couldn't quite figure out what to do with a player's inventory during these arenas. -- I do want to say that this may bring a touch of the "average" player being able to showcase their skills, however, balanced arenas are not really balanced and several archetypes are capable of dominating all others. Now you can get holy bolted to death over the next 10 minutes of your life, with only a 1 minute wait time, assuming that people haven't already completed their limited runs at the 1 hour "archeage time" that now includes all content that is worth doing in the game.

4) They are getting rid of most buffs -- Defense Pots, Teas, Liquors/Wine, Spellbooks and Runes are being removed. -- Why would you remove a MAJOR aspect of many different professions?! XL is literally killing many aspects of Alchemy and Printing with this change. Printing that currently has no reason to increase past 50k proficiency, since there is already nothing to craft, and the alchemy defense potions, a major nerf survive-ability (and people thought darkrunners where Overpowered now, just wait till half the defensive buffs are deleted from the game, good job XL.)



Tl;Dr: Archeage is slowly being churned into a ♥♥♥♥ty version of "shop till you drop" where you log into the allotted 2 hours that actually has something going on in the game, take some pictures of your new costume, and log out before the empty server you're on becomes a ghost town again.

Also credit to Dioxin for making the original version of the post that I edited and made into this thread.
Now he Fails to mention sources, but this stand in direct opposition of the positive overview provided at omnom.io

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Orio wrote:I could not care less about arenas but making only balanced arena to be cross-server makes perfect sense.

Different servers - different average GS.

So in that type of arena only skill matter. So much for the P2W crybabies
He came in just to provide another useless pile of brainfarts.

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:10 pm

In which Dioxin had a very good Point:
Dioxin wrote:Unfortunately, your point is not valid and doesn't make sense. Archeage already has a points system implemented to keep you within your own gearscore/rank range. If properly implemented, then this should never be an issue. It is simply lazy programming. I seriously believe that Mark was correct when he stated in the Omnom discord that they could not figure out what to do with a persons inventory when they brought them to this "merged server", as if it took too much work to have a database script to link inventories to players.

On another note, with these new patch notes, XLgames has effectively taken away the need to progress in any sort of manner, and any progression will become extremely difficult.

By reducing the number of times that bosses spawn it reduces the number of times that two large forces, for example, Barcode vs DISASTER, will be forced to come out and fight each other. So this leads me to wonder why I should I upgrade my gear if I am only going to contest or fight for valuable content once per week? Don't get me started on the static boss timers. What else is there to fight for?

Halcy - Doesn't get pushed, if it does, no one attends.
Mistmerrow - Run in circles, kill and claim as many towers as possible and avoid PVP. In 4.0 they changed the event for the better, but still not correct. It shouldn't be affected by the number of captures, but instead by the length of time that each tower was held. This is another subject all together.
Abyssal - LAUGH, If you had a competent group you could stall out this event with a handful of players without even casting a spell towards an enemy.
Luscas - If you can't fight the enemy controlling the area, you tag a lusca on the edge and run away. There is hardly pvp here.
Meina/Glenn - Level 50 content that leads to the bosses dying within 2 minutes, hardly a point in contesting them.
Random Encounters - This is the only thing that may make it worth-while, but lets be real, with the current population on NA/EU this hardly plays a factor since the Archeage population is spread out on so many servers. Until TRION finally decides that it is time, AND TRUST ME IT IS TIME, to merge servers, then these few and far between "random encounters" will not be a factor in peoples gearing decisions.


TLDR;
So if the only content that requires me to have good gear are at contested world bosses, and they are taking that away (essentially), why even play the game and progress my gear?

It is important that we continue the discussion and potential ramifications of what Acheage 4.0: DISASTER will bring.

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Orio trying to convince anyone he as a clue about game coding, especially netcode and interaction between different game instances:
Orio wrote:to Dioxin & Markupatam:
Cross-server arena instance can for sure handle players in similar manner as any other normal (dungeon) instances are handling players.

You will have two trouble.
1. Different server age, average gearscore, and possibly different released content (in terms of gear).
2. Trading within such arena...
(which would be probably disabled as well).

Making arena balanced in fact required additional coding, not the other way

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Markupatam, owner of one of the best sources for AA omnom, corrects this:
Markupatam wrote:Yea, no. The cross server arena transports the players to another server that is otherwise inaccessible. That is a fact.

It's not like an instanced dungeon, nowhere near that. It can't handle players in the same way as that because it's not coded in the same way. If you look at any of the x-server arena recordings from Korea and see that the gear, inventory, talking, and basically anything is inaccessible (This is proven by the patch notes that I am still in the process of translating). It's coded that way because it's just easier and faster to do that, as it minimizes the number of interactions that a server has to handle and keep track of. At the same time, this creates problems for other arena modes, which is why they're not in the game yet.

r/quityourbull♥♥♥♥
Ofc, Orio replies with some vague theories about server instances he read somewhere about.

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:17 pm

ThaneKri0s raises another valid question, if the matchmaking is as described:
ThaneKri0s wrote:UPDATE: Naval arena, complete RNG whos on your team, and you have no offensive skills, basically a instanced PvE rift that is going to be ruined by alts taking up spots on your team.

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:19 pm

Kyoichiro raises a very valid Point, why get upset over google translated (aside from omnom.io´s Content) that may not even happen.

Just keep in mind that for the previous patches the concerns raised were pretty close to reality.
Kyoichiro wrote:What the heck this community, you guys are crying before really knowing what is in the update as a whole.

You are saying that people will leave based on what they heard of a google translate of the patchnotes ? The mental sanity of those people could be questionned.

Besides, we are kinda used of changes being adapted afterwards, and we sometimes go the changed version when it comes to our region

Just stop whine and relax

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 pm

A valid counterpoint to Kyoi´s statement from Dioxin:
Dioxin wrote:When people play MMO's the players are accustomed to getting MORE content, not less. When you roll out a major release patch with a name attached such as 4.0, people expect massive expansions and wide sweeping changes, USUALLY FOR THE BETTER. What they don't expect is for content to be taken away, even more money to be extracted from the system and for massive nerfs to several key concepts of the game.

It is clear from the "Google translated patchnotes" what many of these systems change. Kooncoon's stream gave many insights with ACTUAL gameplay of what these changes did, including the naval alt arena, "r-spamming/left click" simulator. He also verified the massive nerfs that was received to buffs and the professions that go a long with them.

Nothing that has been brought up in these discussions isn't something that hasn't already been VERIFIED through various means. There are patch notes that I am uncomfortable talking about because of the exact point you made, but none of which are being discussed here.

The point of these types of posts is to discuss the changes that were implemented into KR and, AS A COMMUNITY, discuss why they are bad/good and get them changed before a release is made in NA. If Trion is never relayed to about specific changes that their community is upset with and/or happy with, then how do you expect them to do their job correctly? Given the track record, I already do not believe these concerns were made early enough.

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:30 pm

This is about the world bosses just spawning once a week. It´s both good and bad.
Idontkno wrote:As someone who plays almost exclusively for world bosses and contesting them, I'm trying to figure out why xl hates me. Thunderwing being the last boss they added is basically a dungeon boss, cant even be contested. Now there will only be a 3 hour window every week where real pvp happens over bosses that were added years ago.
Raedony wrote:Can only agree on prev post. Just wondering if Trion could actually prevent this from happening on our servers. If yes, they should. I wouldn't be playing anymore for 1 day a week of 'content'.
It´s bad, because there´s already not much PvE content in the game and this reduces it even more. I am fully aware that world bosses are also PvP content, IF they are contested and not free farmed.
So players loose PvP content as well.

It´s good, because contesting a world boss means something. Currently, with timers that can be "adjusted" by killing a boss at a specific time by most likely a free farm / dominating guild, contesting isn´t even an option for players with a normal daytime work.
It´s also good because if you contest successfully, the looser won´t just get an easy next try "in the middle of the night" when the boss respawns. No you have cut your enemy from resources "permanently". Well for the week at least.
The latter is good and bad - if the contest is one sided always, you have one guild owning all the boss drops and no chance of denying them.

It´s kind of a two edged blade.

Aeducan
Site Admin
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 pm

Another valid issue that has been raised is Alchemy or other buff producing professions being less useful, if no other recipes are added, due to the consolidation of multiple buffs (books, food, mdef/pdef pots) into a single item:
Andromeda Delux wrote:So....does that mean they literally just deleted thousands of players alchemy progression?
bobwinner wrote:Alchemy is still good for labor efficiency on synth mats, crafting mats (small root, small seed, etc), archeum fusion, etc... isn't it ?
Question is... will that be enough for Alchemy? What about cooking? What about printing?

Post Reply